Monday, March 11, 2013

Veggie-Fried-Over-Medium Eggs

I know the title is a little crazy but then this breakfast dish is something I've never eaten anywhere before. My Mum-in-Law taught me this while I was in Delhi earlier this year. This is a tasty and fulfilling breakfast. I love it. I cooked it for Ankit yesterday and he loved it, too. 

Ingredients:

3-4 eggs (depends on how hungry you are :p)
1 tbsp olive oil
Half a carrot finely chopped
Half a bell pepper finely chopped
Half an onion finely chopped
Half a tomato finely chopped
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
Salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste

Method:

1. Chop the veggies.


2. In a pan, add olive oil and throw in all the veggies together. Cook the veggies for 2-3 minutes. Add a pinch of salt (not a lot though, we'll add some on the eggs, too).

3. Break the eggs on top of them and add salt, pepper and chili flakes. Cover the lid. Cook for five minutes. Once the white is half cooked, use a wide spatula and turn the entire thing over. If you cant turn the entire thing, cut into half and turn both over. Now you need to choose how you like your eggs. I like my eggs somewhere between over-easy and over-medium. You may choose to cook the yolks over-well if you like. 

4. Turn it veggie side when serving; it just looks more colorful. Serve with toast :) 


Enjoy a healthy and tasty breakfast!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment