Friday, February 15, 2013

Historic Main Street, Park City

On Main Street

Yesterday, while on a date for Valentine's day, Ankit and I discovered the Historic Main Street of Park City. It was just beautiful. The whole street was lit up like it was still Christmas and it had a very European feel to it. It honestly felt a bit like Chester in England. I really enjoyed being there. Lights make me really happy. I felt like a jumpy little kid when I was walking down the street and soaking up all the joy of walking down hand-in-hand with the love of my life. The atmosphere felt festive and aromas of good food filled the air around us. It's like a small alley that goes up-hill. At first, I thought it was just one road, but later realized that there was a lot more to explore and small alleys leading into other  streets filled with more little shops. 



There's a dedicated shuttle for tourists that drives up and down the street. The place is primarily filled with art galleries and boutiques, with lots of pubs are restaurants. This street is located in the heart of the mountain town and is a convenient place for tourists and skiers to hang out and meet other tourists. The park city mountain resort is also just around the corner. 

There are a bunch of Native Indian shops with really cool but pricey stuff. 

At Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
Don't forget to check out the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. We picked up a bunch of truffles and bars and love them. 

They have a dedicated parking for all tourists which is free called China Bridge Parking garage. It's easy to park there and just walk out into the street. Because it is a small street, I wouldn't recommend driving around and trying to park on the side because it looked quite crowded to me. 



I wish I could tell you more about the place but I'll have to visit it a few more times before I know more. If you haven't been there yet, I suggest going there sometime over the weekend for a nice evening out. 
For more information, check out http://www.historicparkcityutah.com/.

That's it for now!
x

1 comment: