Monday, March 18, 2013

Travel

Hello all you lovely people!

It's Monday! Yay! Haha. I know. As much as I love my weekends, I've realized I'm not as energetic and productive during those days. I just want to lay around and do nothing at all. Not very good for losing weight (hmm). I dread having to do anything at all on the weekend. I wonder why that is though. That's how Ankit should feel but I think I feel it way more than he does. 

It's Monday morning (and I'm so not a morning person) but there's something about waking up early and preparing breakfast and lunch for Ankit and sending him to work. I've noticed, I only clean the house, do the dishes, exercise, write my blog, go out for a walk, draw, etc etc on the weekdays. How weird is that? I don't even bother drawing on the weekend; and I love drawing! I feel better when I know I've managed to do a good day's work; that helps me sleep better. 

But there is something that I always look forward to. Travelling. I'm blessed to have a husband who feels the same way about travelling. I absolutely love discovering new places and learning new cultures. I'm looking forward to my upcoming trip to Hawaii for our first anniversary. I've been reading guide books, watching documentaries, planning what to pack, where to go, what to eat, etc etc. 


I think everyone should have one new place to visit every year. Ankit and I just got married so there are lots of things we still need to figure out. Buying a house, moving our parents here, planning a family, etc etc. We would have probably traveled way way more (and we already travel a lot!). But one day, when we are both free and retired, I'm going to put up a huge map of the world on the wall, throw darts at it and go wherever the darts hit. 

I want everyone who reads this post to know how important it is to travel; to go and have an adventure. It will fill you up, help you grow, help you see the world differently, help you see your own country differently, make you appreciate the little things in life that you don't generally notice. Meet new people, learn their language, learn their culture, and appreciate the diversity of the world. Different cultures have different beliefs and once you have exposed yourself to it all, your mind will grow and make you wiser. Some may be very different and some may just be like you. You will learn to love everyone and the world will suddenly not look so big and scary anymore. You will learn more, know more, and live much more.

I found this quote on the internet and felt that the person who wrote it was on the same page as me:

When you visit a new country or place, don't just look to stay in luxurious hotels that meet your needs. Go out of your comfort zone and stay closer to the locals. Learn their ways. Be careful but be adventurous. You'll never quite see the place and enjoy being in a "new" place if you don't go beyond the "touristy spots" or 5-star hotels. Nice hotels will give you what you are already used to and make you feel comfortable. But you will never quite learn the culture. There's no point going to a new country if you are going to spend your time in a fancy hotel. You might as well book a nice hotel room in your own state (wherever you are) and spend time there. It'll be the same anyway. Get out of your box. Go to the local markets, eat the local cuisine (even if you get sick). It'll be an experience you'll never forget. 

When life's monotony begins to get to you, just go somewhere. Grab your stuff, pick up your keys and just go somewhere. Everyone needs a break. Everyone needs to make new friends. Everyone needs to feel enriched. Everyone needs to make memories. Everyone needs to grow. Go somewhere.

To end this post, I found this quote online from Chris McCandless. I saw his movie with Ankit last year and just couldn't understand why he would throw his life away and travel. I think I understand now.


I hope you find your joy.
Best wishes.
x

18 comments:

  1. Includes schedule and fare information, online flight reservations, and holiday programs.thailand flights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    ทัวร์เกาหลี

    ReplyDelete
  3. When every dollar of savings counts, Car Rental Sicily specials can help save you money on your rental this summer. If you go to company websites you will often see a tab for deals or specials, and they often have their best or current offers advertised right on the home page. Because summer is such a busy travel time and many companies are downsizing their fleets, it's important to plan ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. delhi to jaipur taxi tours Pvt. Ltd offers an opportunity to the visitors to come and explore the unparalleled, incredible, incomparable, exciting, remarkably inspiring and intoxicating India. With great proud and privilege Flexi Tour Pvt. Ltd. an esteemed tour and travel company offer car rental services through out India.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When looking for the best atlanta car service used car dealer, it is important to have some list of what you are looking for in the car you buy. Any good Atlanta used car dealer will provide you with a Carfax report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking for professional packers movers pune rates? Keep reading this post to get some great tips which can help you find the best packers and movers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Do I need travel insurance?" shouldn't be the million dollar question you should be asking yourself when you are planning a trip or holiday - whether its seven days away in the country you live in, or three and a half months away travelling around the world. Rather, "Can I afford travel insurance?" is the question you should instead be asking yourself. published an article

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before flying on a trip, it is better to plan every touring destination and its lovely touring spots to enjoy trips a lot.
    airport parking manchester

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love travel and reasoned that taking such a chance to study in another University would only add colour to my C.V. in the long run and provide some great memories. Immobilien in Budapest

    ReplyDelete
  10. The write up talks about the various travel solutions available for travel agents in the market. It lists the various features that these software have which make the life of travel agents easier. Guide in Saudi Arabia

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I bought my first plane ticket to China a few years ago it cost around 2000 dollasr round-trip, and my travel insurance cost me over 500 dollars because I didn't shop around for cheap travel insurance online. A few years later, a little bit older and wiser, and my travel insurance for another trip to China cost me much less - about 300 dollars for roughly the same coverage. The difference? Before buying my travel insurance for the second trip, I shopped around online and got the coverage I needed, at the right price. If I'd have purchased my travel insurance for this latest trip from my travel agent, it would've cost me about 600 dollars for the trip, and my plane tickets only cost 1,500 dollars! Not exactly the smart way to go. this website

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I bought my first plane ticket to China a few years ago it cost around 2000 dollasr round-trip, and my travel insurance cost me over 500 dollars because I didn't shop around for cheap travel insurance online. A few years later, a little bit older and wiser, and my travel insurance for another trip to China cost me much less - about 300 dollars for roughly the same coverage. The difference? Before buying my travel insurance for the second trip, I shopped around online and got the coverage I needed, at the right price. If I'd have purchased my travel insurance for this latest trip from my travel agent, it would've cost me about 600 dollars for the trip, and my plane tickets only cost 1,500 dollars! Not exactly the smart way to go. النمو المهني

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I bought my first plane ticket to China a few years ago it cost around 2000 dollasr round-trip, and my travel insurance cost me over 500 dollars because I didn't shop around for cheap travel insurance online. A few years later, a little bit older and wiser, and my travel insurance for another trip to China cost me much less - about 300 dollars for roughly the same coverage. The difference? Before buying my travel insurance for the second trip, I shopped around online and got the coverage I needed, at the right price. If I'd have purchased my travel insurance for this latest trip from my travel agent, it would've cost me about 600 dollars for the trip, and my plane tickets only cost 1,500 dollars! Not exactly the smart way to go. Taxi luchthaven Gent

    ReplyDelete
  14. the public schools on our district can really give some good education to young kids. they have high standards` 무료 링크 빌더

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I bought my first plane ticket to China a few years ago it cost around 2000 dollasr round-trip, and my travel insurance cost me over 500 dollars because I didn't shop around for cheap travel insurance online. A few years later, a little bit older and wiser, and my travel insurance for another trip to China cost me much less - about 300 dollars for roughly the same coverage. The difference? Before buying my travel insurance for the second trip, I shopped around online and got the coverage I needed, at the right price. If I'd have purchased my travel insurance for this latest trip from my travel agent, it would've cost me about 600 dollars for the trip, and my plane tickets only cost 1,500 dollars! Not exactly the smart way to go. Day Tour Niagara

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Grand Canyon South Rim is a huge place that comprises more than 1-million acres of wilderness. If you want to see as much of that as possible, then you need to take a South Rim helicopter tour. Learn more. Read this article. Pathfinder 4x4

    ReplyDelete
  17. Packers and Movers Pune to Bhopal nice bLog! its interesting. thank you for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I bought my first plane ticket to China a few years ago it cost around 2000 dollasr round-trip, and my travel insurance cost me over 500 dollars because I didn't shop around for cheap travel insurance online. A few years later, a little bit older and wiser, and my travel insurance for another trip to China cost me much less - about 300 dollars for roughly the same coverage. The difference? Before buying my travel insurance for the second trip, I shopped around online and got the coverage I needed, at the right price. If I'd have purchased my travel insurance for this latest trip from my travel agent, it would've cost me about 600 dollars for the trip, and my plane tickets only cost 1,500 dollars! Not exactly the smart way to go. desert safari in dubai

    ReplyDelete