Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Cheesecake Factory

It was my birthday 4 days ago and my husband, Ankit, took me and a couple of friends out for dinner to Salt Lake City. We decided to try the Cheesecake Factory since I had never been there before. Ankit had been there before and really liked the food so he thought it would be a nice place to take me for my birthday dinner.

We ordered 3 appetizers, which we generally wouldn't do but everything on that menu was so tempting. I remember I wanted to try so many things that eventually I had to close the menu so I wouldn't keep getting confused.   
Appetizer: Chicken Lettuce Wraps 

I had tasted lettuce wraps once while I was in Manchester (England, UK), at a Chinese restaurant but I didn't like them at all. These were absolutely delectable. I love the choice of sauces. The chicken was saucy and seasoned well. I loved it.

Appetizer: Chicken Potstickers

Once again, these were great. The sauce was just perfect. My husband and I like potstickers, so we usually get a whole bag of chicken potstickers from Costco. I think they are as good as restaurant quality. If you like potstickers, I suggest you buy the bag from Cotsco. It's called Ling Ling Potstickers and costs $10.99. It's an excellent appetizer and tastes amazing. The bag usually lasts me a month. Totally worth the price.

Appetizer: Patatas Bravas

O-M-G. This dish is a bomb. I think I ate these the most and as a result, I couldn't finish my main. These were addictive and absolutely delish! The aioli was to die for. Now Patatas Bravas is a Spanish dish and I've had versions of it at several different restaurants. If you really want to try a bit of heaven, go to Cheesecake factory and try these. You won't be able to stop.

Entrée: Louisiana Chicken Pasta

I'm amazed at how simple this dish looks and how delicious it is. The pasta was great, but the chicken was brilliant. It was cooked to perfection, crisp on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. I felt bad for not being able to finish it because I ate too much Patatas Bravas, so I had to get them packed. I was worried they won't taste as good the next day. I heated them in the box it came in the microwave the next day because I was too lazy to bake, but it tasted just as good as it did the night before. The chicken stayed tender and crispy on the outside and the pasta was lovely. I had a wonderful brunch the next day as well. :)

Now comes the star of the night: The Dessert/Birthday Cake


Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake

This cake was pure divinity. I've had cheesecakes before at the Cheesecake Factory but this pleasantly surprised me. It was so rich and chocolatey; every bite made me want to moan out loud. For people who don't know me, I'm a chocolate addict (which is why I never lose weight), so when I give you chocolate-related advice, you must take it. Go try this!


Plate Decorated for Me :)


Now the lovely thing that happened :) -- My husband ordered a 7 in. Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake for me the morning before the dinner. When we got there, they told us they had run out of 7 in. cakes. So to make up for that, they gave us a 10 in. Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake for the same price. How wonderful is that?! A 10 in. cheesecake costs about $52.50 or so. Now I have a LOT of cheesecake in my fridge that my husband eats once in a while because I'm trying to lose weight (how unfortunate). But this was one of the best meals I've had in a while. 

I was thinking we'd end up paying a lot because I had heard that dining at the Cheesecake Factory was rather pricey. But it wasn't so bad. We were four people and we paid a total of $140 or so. Considering the amount of food we ordered, 3 appetizers, 4 mains, drinks, dessert (10 in. cake). I recon, we can dine there once a month and it won't hurt our pockets at all. If you ever went there and loved the food as much as I did, do write back. To those who haven't-- you must :) 

The one we went to is at:
City Creek Center, 65 Regent Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Website: www.thecheesecakefactory.com

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment